-The part that I liked the most and I think that I am confident at was creating and innovating area. I really love to create something new and even focus more on the small details in anything that I can produce. And about the areas of improvement that I wish to develop throughout the semester is that to develop my presentation skills and focus more on talking with people and presenting my ideas and thoughts so we, both could learn from each other’s ideas and opinions.
-Digital skills and digital literacy is basically about one can know how to open a text message or an email for example, and also to be a digital literate is how to use these skills in a proper efficient way and benefit from it. Also based on my readings, to be good at using digital literacy, is to be able to distinguish between the good and fake news that always appear on our devices daily!
- Wikipedia‘s explanation of the term “Digital Literacy” was good as it basically explains the simplest meaning of “Digital Literacy”. And it gives you more examples to understand more the meaning of the term.
- #Diglit. I found out many examples on digital literacies, specially made for kids. aS i found 2 main articles that discuss how to learn and find about literacy in our lives for middle school kids and also the other one was to see and learn numbers in different ways. The other interesting part was someone created a whole article about “Cyberbullying guide for parents” so they can read it and apply what they have read to prevent their to bully or to be bullied and also to raise awareness about that issue in schools.
- “Digital Literacy”: -surrounded by wide range of skills, that are able to succeed in the digital world. https://teach.com/blog/what-is-digital-literacy/ -the ability to use, create, and innovate information by having both technical and cognitive skills. https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-digital-literacy-definition-example.html
- “Digital Skills”: -any skills that can make you able to be digital literate, to be confident about using your computer skills and innovating them into producing something useful. https://www.skillsyouneed.com/rhubarb/digital-skills-modern-workplace.html –
- “Digital Fluency”: -is more broader than literacy, and being fluent requires abilities to go beyond the skills. http://blog.core-ed.org/blog/2015/10/what-is-digital-fluency.html
- What are the differences between digital literacies, digital fluency and digital skills? How are these concepts related? They are all related because if you have the digital skills, you are on the right path that leads you to use digital literacy effectively. And if you are really good at both of these capabilities, you are more than expert in using these tools and you can use them in the most efficient way.
- http://pomo.com.au/blog/digital-literacy/ -Yes, I think it is a reliable source. That actually explains the whole idea of digital literacy.
- Most of them were good sources, but the quality was medium.
- What you decide are the most important elements of digital literacies, given the Egyptian context and your own personal context. -Using the digital literacies in a moral way. And I consider that Safety & Privacy are the main two factors that are important in our society. By using these skills and literacies in the right way, one can be able to protect himself and his data too and secure it while browsing for any reason.
- Please include links of the references you use and look at, and what you find interesting in them, or what you would critique about them -While searching on twitter for the hashtag #diglit, I found out many useful links and articles that people shared. One of them was the “Cyberbullying guide for parents”, which actually was too beneficial for them to read to be able to help their children and raise their self-esteem. And raise awareness too to avoid cyberbullying at schools. A Comprehensive Cyberbullying Guide for Parents | WizCase
- Your reflections on the Hypothes.is activity (please conduct the hypothes.is activity as instructed in this module) –This activity was totally different and new to me. This was the first time for me to annotate something online and actually to know what is annotation. The idea of having tremendous replies on what you’ve just read was great and it instantly brought me with a lot of thoughts to share with other people. The good thing about hypothes.is that it was the same as Twitter Scavenger Hunt activity; and you add comments to others’ and talk to them online.
Exploring the “Stations”
- I picked two stations “Presentation Skills” and “Understanding Digital Images”
- First, I chose to learn more about the presentation skills, because i thought that I really need to enhance and focus more about delivering my ideas and thoughts to other people. So I just started by opening the lesson to be able to understand what are the tips for a good delivery. I learned that a good presentation always starts with a good planing and easy simple steps that one must follow to present a good interesting topic. Second, I learned that using these visual aids and playing some videos help in understanding more about the topic and grab the audience’s attention too even if the presentation is too long. Last, the idea of delivering a good presentation is actually one must know exactly what he or she is talking about and to clearly understand the key aspects that he or she is discussing.
- “Understanding Digital Images” was really interesting and informative to read and learn about it in details. I found out that we have to know about the pixels and the dimensions of the images that we select anywhere to be able to edit and produce a good quality image. And also the interesting part for me was choosing the colors of an image and basically what colors to choose to produce a good quality image. I learned that actually red and green backgrounds are always good for producing an image of a flower, but blue backgrounds always produce zero effect for a picture.